IFSC Mourns the Loss of Paraclimbing Champion
It is with a heavy heart that the IFSC announces the loss of Paraclimbing athlete Lorenzo Major (ITA), aged 47.
A passionate sportsman, Lorenzo’s tenacity propelled him to claim countless national and international podium places across a varied field of sports, including Paraclimbing, following a motorcycle accident aged 31 which resulted in permanent Paraplegia. Pioneering the Paraclimbing movement, Lorenzo was crowned IFSC World Paraclimbing Champion 2014 in Gijon, Spain.
More recently becoming an athlete in Paralympic fencing, the loss of Lorenzo Major is one that will be felt by the communities of all sports in which he competed. Our thoughts and condolences are with his loved ones at this difficult time.
Lorenzo Major competed in the following IFSC Paraclimbing events:
- 13 - IFSC Paraclimbing World Championships - Innsbruck (AUT) 2018
- 6 - Paraclimbing Cup (L) - Briançon (FRA) 2018
- 5 - Paraclimbing Cup (L) - Edinburgh (GBR) 2017
- 7 - Paraclimbing Cup (L) - Briançon (FRA) 2017
- 1 (Gold Medal) - Paraclimbing Master (L) - Imst (AUT) 2017
- 1 (Gold Medal) - IFSC Paraclimbing World Championship - Gijon (ESP) 2014
- 20 - IFSC Paraclimbing World Championship - Paris (FRA) 2012