Climbing is a primary human movement and an easy-to-understand sport. Deeply connected with nature, climbers have developed their own lifestyle.
The two past decades have been a period of spectacular growth in the sport climbing and in the organisation. Competition Climbing has gained credibility not only as competitive sport, but also for its social values.
IFSC is a young and healthy International Federation, founded on the modern sport principles and values, cultivating them along with sport growth and development.
- IFSC activity is inspired and guided from the following values:
- Respect and support for Olympic Values and Principles
- Preserving the environment in organising and promoting the activities
- Doping free sport
- Low cost
- Healthy and educational activity for youth
- Equality between men and women
- Fair, transparent and objective competition judging rules
- Sport for All