The competitions included on the European calendar :
EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS (Lead – Bouldering – Speed)
Every two years, alternating with the World championships. The next European Championships is in 2017. Lead and Speed Championships will be held in Campitello di Fassa (ITA) from June 30th to July 1st, and Bouldering Championships will be held in Munich, August 18th to 19th.
European youth championships (Lead – Bouldering – Speed)
The European Youth Championships are held every year.
European cup (Lead – Bouldering – Speed)
The European Cups (adults) started in 2013.
- These are the main guidelines:
- The rules will be the same as the European Youth Cups.
- Prize money is not mandatory. When prize money is provided, it must be provided to the top three climbers at a minimum (more to the first, then second, then third,...)
- The registration fee is an individual competitor fee divided in two: 15 euros paid to the IFSC Europe (via an invoice to the national federation) and 15 euros maximum paid to the organizer (at the registration desk of the competition)
- The calendar fee is 500 euros per event
European Youth Cup (Lead – Bouldering – Speed)
The results of the 2016 European Youth cup can be accessed via the following links.
- female juniors, male juniors
- female youth A, male youth A
- female youth B, male youth B
- female juniors boulder, male juniors boulder
- female youth A boulder, male youth A boulder
- female youth B boulder, male youth B boulder
Regional European competitions
- Adults or Youth
- These competitions are recognized by the ECSC in order to help the development of sport climbing. They are not included in any European ranking.
- National federations can group together in one event and may organize their national championships or competitions on this event.
- No specific rules are mandatory but event rules must be sent to the regional representative and validated by the Executive Board.
- International licenses are not required, but national licenses are mandatory with the individual insurance required in the hosting country.
- Open to all the relevant competitors of the European region as defined in the ECSC regulations, and only these competitors.
European promotional events
Promotional events, festivals, outdoor meetings, … are held under the same conditions as the IFSC promotional Events
New events with new formats could arise and be tested in Europe.