The competitions included on the European calendar :
EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS (Lead – Bouldering – Speed)
Held every two years, the next European Championships will take place in 2019. Lead and Speed Championships will be held at the Edinburgh International Climbing Arena (UK) from 4-6th October. Bouldering dates and venue are yet to be confirmed.
Lead, Boulder and Speed Combined will be in April 2020, Moscow.
European Youth Championships (Lead – Bouldering – Speed)
The European Youth Championships are held every year.
European Cup (Lead – Bouldering – Speed)
The European Cups (adults) started in 2013.
- These are the main guidelines:
- The rules will be the same as the European Youth Cups.
- Prize money is not mandatory. When prize money is provided, it must be provided to the top three climbers at a minimum (more to the first, then second, then third,...)
- The registration fee is an individual competitor fee divided in two: 15 euros paid to the IFSC Europe (via an invoice to the national federation) and 15 euros maximum paid to the organizer (at the registration desk of the competition)
- The calendar fee is 500 euros per event
European Youth Cup (Lead – Bouldering – Speed)
The results of the 2018 European Youth cup can be accessed via the following links.
Regional European competitions
- Adults or Youth
- These competitions are recognized by the ECSC in order to help the development of sport climbing. They are not included in any European ranking.
- National federations can group together in one event and may organize their national championships or competitions on this event.
- No specific rules are mandatory but event rules must be sent to the regional representative and validated by the Executive Board.
- International licenses are not required, but national licenses are mandatory with the individual insurance required in the hosting country.
- Open to all the relevant competitors of the European region as defined in the ECSC regulations, and only these competitors.
European promotional events
Promotional events, festivals, outdoor meetings, … are held under the same conditions as the IFSC promotional Events
New events with new formats could arise and be tested in Europe.