In 2012, the IFSC launched the Athlete Career Program to assist elite athletes make the transition from the sports world to the professional world. The program relies on two complementary objectives that are often hard to achieve for elite athletes: access to educational programs adapted to athletes’ constraints, and access to select job opportunities.
With this in mind, the IFSC entered into an agreement with Outdoor Sports Valley (OSV), a certified industry cluster that offers services in line with the objectives listed above. Outdoor Sports Valley is based in Annecy, France, a unique entry point into the European headquarters of some of the largest and most successful international companies in the outdoor industry.
OSV has developed three educational programs specializing in the outdoor industry: the MSc in Sports Industry Management, the Bachelor’s Degree in “Performance Sports Textile & Footwear,” and the new Bachelor’s Degree in “International Sales Specialists in Sports”. For more information on these programs please visit the following website: edu.outdoorsportsvalley.org.
- By choosing the MSc in Sports Industry Management proposed by the EM Lyon Business School you will:
- Study management within the specifics of the Sports and Outdoor Industry
- Gain privileged access to Outdoor Sports Valley, a consortium of nearly 230 international Sports and Outdoor Industry companies
- Study in France and China with an international cohort
- Obtain academic knowledge and hands-on experience
These degrees will allow companies in the outdoor sports industry to recruit recent graduates who are not only passionate about the industry, but are also well trained, globally-minded, and have the natural instincts to develop a career in outdoor sports.
- The Athlete Career Program is run in collaboration with the IFSC Athletes’ Commission, supervised by the IFSC Sport Manager and is focused on:
- Personalizing tutoring and courses adapted to accommodate the athlete’s sport schedules
- Ensuring that athletes follow the University studies regulations (with the exception of class schedules)
- Athletes will be requested to show diligence in their studies to benefit from the program. A tutoring committee made of representatives of the University, the IFSC, and a company will be in charge of following up on the athlete's educational path.